- I frequently lecture at the Victoria & Albert Museum where my courses are very popular; see a review at http://londonfashionhunter.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/art-deco-fashion.html
- In Spring 2012 I am running a course on 20th Century British Fashion at the V&A and contributing to the year courses on 20th Century Design, Rococo to Modernism and Late Victorian Design. These courses include visits to the V&A archives and galleries, and resources for further study.
- In Autumn 2011 I contributed lectures on historic textiles and dress to courses on Victorian Art and Design, Twentieth Century Design, and Art Deco Design and on British Patchwork and Quilts at the V&A.
- In Autumn 2010 I ran the lecture series, ‘Moving Fashions, Popular Dance and Dress 1800-1980′ at the V&A. This incorporated music and film clips, dance displays, gallery tours, and archive visits. http://www.vam.ac.uk/activ_events/courses/courses/short_courses/index.html
- I have a special interest in the links between fashion and the costumes of Diaghilev’s Ballets Russes, and lectured on ‘Leon Bakst , Orientalism and Fashion’ at the V&A Museum study day, Behind the Scenes at the Ballets Russes – http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/theatre_performance/diaghilev-ballet-russes/events/index.html
Collar design, ‘Educational Needlecraft’, 1911
- I am available to lecture on these and related themes for private and acedemic groups.